POSITION:† Human Resource Administrative Assistant
LOCATION:† Red Cliff Tribal Office
SALARY:† ††† $13-$15 per hour plus benefits
SUPERVISOR(S):† Human Resource Director
JOB SUMMARY:† †The primary responsibility of this position is to provide a diverse range of functions in support of the Human Resource Department with the emphasis on human resource systems and procedures. This person will assist the Human Resources Director in planning and implementing the Policies and Procedures of the Tribe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide a diverse range of functions in support of the Human Resource Department with an emphasis on human resource systems and procedures. Specific position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Enters information into the appropriate system related to new hires, terminated employees, salary adjustments, comp time or other employee information.
2. Verifies and processes leave time slips, leave time allocations and provides accrual reports to department managers.
3. Conducts new employee orientation that includes explanations regarding conditions of employment, new hire processing, and tribal overview and property tour.
4. Assists with managing all Human Resource Department files and assists with the accurate filing of all Human Resources and employee information.
5. Provides backup assistance to department staff in developing spreadsheets, materials, correspondence or other activities.
6. Assists in all aspects of the hiring process, which includes informing individuals of openings, receiving applications, background checks, screening, and interviewing process.
7. Assist in the coordination of benefits and programs to employees.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY:† None
KNOWLEDGE:† Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft software, Word, Excel and other related software. Have knowledge of office practices and procedures. Have basic knowledge of Human Resource Management and practices.
QUALIFICATIONS:† A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum of an Associateís Degree in Human Resources or related field. A minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in payroll, human resources or other administrative support function is preferred. Must possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, and prioritizing and data entry skills. Must be able to handle multiple activities simultaneously and utilize confidential and sensitive information with diplomacy and tact. Individual must have a valid driverís license, vehicle and at least liability insurance.† If no insurance must get within three weeks of employment. Be knowledgeable of Native American Tribes and the uniqueness of the Red Cliff Community.† Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
PERSONAL CONTACTS:† Daily contact with Human Resource Director, Tribal Administration, staff, community members, and various agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:† Primarily office position that may require bending, lifting and reaching.† May need to lift up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:† Tribal Office is a smoke free environment.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:† Will be required to attend training and meetings both in state and out of state.† Attend Tribal Council meetings as directed.†
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
††††††††††† Red Cliff Tribal Administration Building
††††††††††† Human Resource Office
††††††††††† 88385 Pike Road, HWY 13
††††††††† † Bayfield, WI† 54814
††††††††††† (715) 779-3700 ext. 267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Work Place Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Work Place Act.† All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
ALL APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE RED CLIFF TRIBE ARE SUBJECTED TO THE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF RCCL CHAPTER 43, AND THAT YOU ARE UNDER A CONTINUEING OBLIGATION TO SUPPLEMENT THIS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH INFORMATION CONCERNING ANY CONVICTIONS THAT OCCUR AFTER COMMENCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT WITH THE TRIBE.