Citizen of the
objective of the Citizen of the Month Program is to publicly recognize those community
members who contribute to the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
community, assist someone in need, or in any way improve the quality of life in
the Red Cliff community. The award will be presented by the Red Cliff Tribal
Council at its regular monthly meeting.
for nominations and selection of the Citizen of the Month include:
- The nominee must live within the Red Cliff reservation and be a community member.
- Nominees for Citizen of the Month need not be well-known people in the community.
- Nominations for all segments of the community are encouraged.
- Elected officials are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees should have a reputation for honesty, integrity, and pride in our community.
The Citizen of the Month will be chosen from among all nominations by a select committee
consisting of one Tribal Member Elder, one At-Large Tribal Council Member, and
one Tribal staff member. All members will be appointed by the Tribal
Chairperson and will serve for a period of six (6) month.
for completing the nominating form:
- Answer all questions on the form, a brief resume or comments may be included in the comments section at the end of the form.
- Nominations must be received by the 15th of the month to be considered for the
following month's selection process.
- Nominations will be kept on file for a period of six (6) months for future consideration.
nomination form may be faxed to:
Gordon, Executive Secretary at (715)779-3704,
delivered or mailed to:
Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Division Administrator Manager
Pike Road, Hwy 13