POSITION: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Red Cliff Finance Office
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SCHEDULE: Permanent, Full-time
This position will perform General Ledger activities and cash flow management. This position is also responsible for oversight of recurring accounting functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the General Ledger using MIP/NPS/ Accounting software.
2. Will be assigned to and responsible for financial oversight of programs designated as “Tribal” by the CFO.
3. Responsible for review and posting of prepared Journal Entries.
4. Responsible for monitoring Tribal bank accounts and daily cash management activities.
5. Review Grants and Contracts Master List monthly to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements.
6. Responsible for monitoring the Tribe’s indirect cost program to ensure proper charges and recoveries.
7. Responsible for management of Tribal Internal Service Funds to include: Facilities Management; Fringe Cost Pool etc.
8. Prepare monthly Financial Status Report for CFO.
9. Assist CFO as needed.
10. Attend staff and other meetings, in-services, and events as directed by supervisor.
11. Participate in training activities to enhance knowledge of team skills, systems functionality etc.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: Daily supervision of finance staff.
1. B.S. degree – Accounting or Business Major
2. Minimum five years comprehensive experience in accounting (preferably some Tribal, non-profit or governmental).
3. Experience in computerized accounting systems, experience with Sage MIP is a plus.
4. Must possess strong analytical, numerical, reasoning and decision making abilities.
5. Must be able to work well in a team setting and possess problem and conflict resolution skills.
6. Native American preference will be applied in the event of equally qualified applicants.
7. Knowledge of and sensitivity to Ojibwe culture and traditions.
Daily contact with funding agencies, tribal programs, customers etc.
Work setting must be maintained as a clean, nonsmoking, well-ventilated area in compliance with all applicable safety regulations.
The duties assigned to this position involve bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying. Items may be placed on overhead storage. Weights to be carried are usually less than 25 pounds.
Must have valid driver’s license, vehicle, and at least liability insurance. Must also be eligible for the Tribe’s vehicle insurance. May require overnight travel to attend meetings or training.
POSTED: March 29, 2012
DEADLINE: APRIL 12, 2012 AT 4:00 PM OR UNTIL FILLED
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Human Resources Office
88385 Pike Road, Highway 13
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715) 779-3700 ext. 267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Work Place Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Work Place Act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43, and are under a continuing obligation to supplement this application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.